Honors Study Night
The first Honors Study Night of the semester will be held on Tuesday February 23 at the Honors College offices from 7-9 pm. Fellow Honors students will be offering group tutoring for Honors Calculus II and Honors Physics II. Another group Study Night will be on March 3 for Honors General Chemistry II, Honors Organic Chemistry II, and Honors Organismal Biology. Study Nights will be held in the temporary Honors College office in the Beard-Eaves-Memorial Coliseum room 1084.
Honors Research Colloquium: Matthew Wall
Matt Wall will give his research colloquium on the iCubate Primer Design, Testing and Analysis on March 10 in Haley 2182 beginning at 2 pm.
Matt Wall is from Huntsville, Alabama and is currently a senior in the College of Science and Mathematics majoring in Biomedical Sciences. He will graduate from Auburn in May 2016 and attend the University of Alabama at Birmingham School of Dentistry starting in July 2016. After receiving his DMD, Matt would like to serve others through medical mission trips and non-profit clinics, as well as working in private practice. View more information on Matt’s project.
Annyeonghaseyo! Study Abroad in Korea
Scholarships are available to study abroad in Korea this summer. The Harbert College of Business classes Principles of Accounting and Business Law will be offered. Think about taking these classes in Korea instead of in Lowder Hall! Please feel free to contact Dr. Kim Key for more information. Space is limited, and time is running out. Read more about this program in the brochure.
The Honors College and the Harbert College of Business have partnered to create a unique study abroad experience for business majors within the Honors College.
- Next meeting: Thursday March 3 – Convocation. Meeting begins at 8 pm in Haley 2206.
- Meeting: Monday, March 7 – Minute to Win it with Intramurals. Meeting begins at 8 pm in Haley 2206.
Diversity in Honors
- Next meeting: February 25 from 6-7 pm in Haley 3345. Topic: Professional attire, dressing for success.
- Honors Serves will be opening up applications for every position on their leadership team, including all the positions on their executive board, for the 2016-2017 school year. This is a really great opportunity to get even more involved in Honors Serves and to learn leadership skills while having a direct impact on the Auburn community. The positions in our leadership team are diverse to fit the needs of not only Auburn’s community but also the varying skill sets of Honors College students. They are looking for multiple applicants to fill almost every position, but you can apply for more than one position (keep in mind that you will probably be selected for only one position though). All of the applications will be found under the ‘forms’ tab on AUInvolve, and descriptions for each position can be found within each application. All of the applications will close Sunday, March 13 at midnight, and interviews will be held after spring break! If you have any questions, please feel free to email Kathleen Jadoonath.
- Honors Ambassadors represent the very best that the Honors College has to offer. Up to 14 Honors students are chosen each year to represent the Honors College and recruit potential students at various events through the year. Applications to become an Honors Ambassador are now open. Please download the application form. Deadline is March 11.
SFWS Inaugural Career Fair
February 23, from 10:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m., SFWS Conference Hall
SFWS invites you to its Inaugural Career Fair! This is a great opportunity to meet over 30 forestry, wildlife sciences, and natural resources employers from across the region! Undecided about your career? Come network and learn about internships and jobs available within private business and corporations, nonprofits, and public agencies serving these fields. Light refreshments available. Attending students registered to win one of four gifts valued at $50! Free ball cap given to first 50 students!
Learn more or via Facebook.
Women HERStory Month Program – Call
The Multicultural Center is sending out a call for spoken word poets, singers, actors, rappers, dancers, etc. to participate in our first Women’s HERStory month program. This program will be a celebration of the strength, dignity, and grace of women and will take place on March 1, 2016 in the Foy Auditorium.
They are calling all women to come tell YOUR STORY and yes…men….. are invited to participate as well.
Please contact director Allen Sutton
if you are interested in being a part of this celebration of women. The deadline to sign up is Feb. 24 by noon.
The University of Florida Honors Program in Medieval and Early Modern Studies, Summer B 2016
- Dates: July 1-August 13, 2016.
- Study and travel in Europe and earn six credits of upper-division Humanities credit.
- Work closely with UF Center Directors Bonnie Effros (Professor of History, Rothman Chair and Director, Center for the Humanities and the Public Sphere) and Will Hasty (Professor of German, Co-Director, Center for Medieval and Early Modern Studies).
- Reasonable program cost for a Europe-based study abroad program: $3993.
- Easy weekend travel possibilities to Paris, Berlin, Amsterdam, Prague, Munich, etc. (Independent weekend travel is encouraged.)
- Program designated as “Honors” – but the program is open to all qualified students (see application procedure below).
- Core course involves excursions to Trier – with the basilica of Constantine and other ancient buildings – where the Roman Empire first became “Holy”; Aachen, home of Charlemagne and the Carolingian renovatio of the Roman Empire; to the Cistercian monastery at Maulbronn, a UNESCO World Heritage Site; to Worms and Speyer, free imperial cities and sites of significant medieval Jewish communities; Nuremberg, where the Holy Roman Empire intersects with Hitler’s infamous “Third Reich”; and a capstone weekend excursion to Vienna, seat of the Habsburg dynasty, with residential palaces, theaters, and museums.
- Program includes regional transportation ticket that enables wide-ranging independent regional travel extending from Bavaria to France.
- For more information contact Will Hasty or visit their site.