Auburn University has moved to remote operations until August 8, 2020. The Honors College will continue to support you remotely including honors advising. If you have advising related issues or questions you can email your honors advisor (you can find your assigned advisor and their information below) or email@example.com. Please see the information below regarding advising, appointments, important academic information, and advisor assignments and contacts.
Advising appointment for fall will be available remotely through Zoom, phone, or email.
To set up a new appointment follow the directions:
Select which form of advising you would like to participate in.
Zoom – You and your advisor can meet “face-to-face” via Zoom if you would like to have a more traditional appointment. This will be the most like a regular advising session. You will need to have access to a computer with a webcam and microphone that is connected to the internet OR you will need to download the Zoom app to your phone. If you would like this option, your advisor will email you a link to a Zoom meeting at the start of your appointment time. You can access more information and help guides here: https://support.zoom.us
Phone – If you do not have access to Zoom or would feel more comfortable with a phone appointment, you can still schedule an online appointment and indicate that you would prefer a phone appointment. Please leave the best number to call you in the comment section when you create your appointment and your advisor will call you at your appointed time.
Email – If you feel confident in your honors plans but would like to converse via email our advisors can do that too. If you would like this option, please email your Honors advisor or firstname.lastname@example.org. If your advisors determines that you would best be served having a more in-depth conversation you might be asked to make a zoom or email appointment through Advise Assist.
If you would like to make a new appointment using Zoom or phone advising continue with the following steps.
- Login to Advise Assist and select the options below:
A. Care Unit: Academic Advising and Student Services
B. Location: Honors College Appointments – ONLINE
C. Service: Please select the service that best represents your reason for making an appointment with your Honors Advisor.
2. Choose an available day and time that fits your schedule.
3. If you prefer a phone appointment, leave a comment indicating phone and a number your advisor can call at your appointment time. Appointments without a comment requesting phone will automatically default to a Zoom appointment.
Important academic information:
Fall 2020 classes will be taught using one of the four instructional methods below:
- Face-to-Face (F2F) courses are conducted in person.
- Blended (BLND) courses involve some instructional activities that are conducted in-person while other instructional activities are conducted online; students must be available for both online and in-person activities and do not have a choice about which is required at which time.
- HyFlex (HYFL) courses are conducted face-to-face but are available online simultaneously; students can choose which of these they prefer.
- Online (ONLN) courses are conducted online in their entirety.
The instructional methods chosen for your schedule is available AU Access.
Adjustments to your schedule can be made through August 21st. Utilize Tiger Scheduler and Look Up classes in AU Access to assist you in adjusting your Fall 2020 schedule.
Upcoming academic dates:
- August 17: Classes Begin
- August 17 – September 4: Resignation Fee – Dropping all courses during this period will result in a $100 resignation fee.
- August 21: Last Day to Add Course
- August 24 – September 4: Drop Course Penalty Days- Dropping a course during these days will result in a $100 Drop Fee per course dropped.
For more academic dates and deadlines refer to the academic calendar.
Last modified: August 6, 2020