Honors Research Seminars
- Course: HONR 3987
- Purpose: To provide honors students with research experience under close supervision with an AU faculty member
- Contact hours: 3 per week
- Credit hours: 3
- Schedule type: Directed study
- Prerequisites: Good standing in HC; open to any major
- Minimum enrollment: 10
- Anticipated enrollment: 15
- Grading type: Regular (i.e. A-F)
- Meeting: Class, group or one-on-one. Left up to faculty member’s discretion.
- Expected outcomes: Each seminar must culminate with a scholarly research or creative product for, at minimum, presentation at AU Research Week.
- Administration: Course extends through fall and spring semesters; students get
“NR” at the end of fall and regular grade (i.e. A-F) at the end of spring.
- Compensation: For sections meeting the minimum enrollment, the Honors College will transfer funds to the appropriate College for further transfer to the faculty member’s department. $1,000 per credit hour + $3,000 research budget (receipts required), no benefits. These funds can be used for any research related activities except the payment of any salaries and/or benefits to the faculty member or any other personnel.
- Faculty eligibility: Tenured and tenure track full time faculty with a research appointment at AU.
Last modified: January 8, 2021